If you would like to find out more about Learn to Live, please visit the website here.
Learn to Live is an effective and efficient method for hearing the voice of children, young people and their families in order to inform the decisions about them as individuals and as a school.
- It works by giving families a voice and professionals a framework to listen and respond.
- Learn to Live is about planning and working together leading to highly effective provision with a big positive impact on positive outcomes for children and young people.
Learn to Live is based on a set of rights supported by practical tools and processes. The set of rights is that every child or young person has:
- the right to be listened to;
- the right to communicate;
- the right to be helped to make good decisions;
- the right to be known as an individual;
- the right to inform the plans and targets made for them;
- the right to be inspired; and
- the right to have a plan that meets their needs.
Ellen Tinkham works under the Learn to Live model from person centred reviews and how we respond to a child’s needs in the classroom, to how we listen to the family needs and provide the necessary support your child and your family require.