Through our Outreach Service, we promote collaboration between mainstream and special school colleagues as well as other education providers to enable the sharing of expertise and a flexible response to the needs of all children and young people.
We support mainstream colleagues with specialist training opportunities wherever appropriate.
We offer advice and support related to the following areas:
- Observations of individual pupils in their school setting and identification of positive working strategies
- In-reach visits to Ellen Tinkham to observe practice, resources etc.
- Specific approaches, including those for pupils with ASD
- Language and communication difficulties – implementing a Total Communication approach including Makaton
- Collaborative work on curriculum access and differentiation
- Positive behaviour management
We offer Outreach support to all schools and educational settings. Please contact us and ask for the Outreach Co-ordinator who will be happy to discuss your requirements and the support we can offer. The charge for outreach services to all schools is £350. This fee includes a half day visit, administration and planning and a comprehensive report.
To contact the Outreach Co-ordinator, please email or ring the school on 01392 467168.