As part of our strategy for improving how we communicate with parents we are now using ‘School Gateway’, which is a parent portal available via an app or online.
This will enable you to receive all your information from school quickly in the form of emails to your inbox and short text messages directly to your mobile phone.
The free smartphone app will give parents instant access to the following information about their child via phone or the internet. All messages sent to parents through the app are free, so will help the school to save money which can be prioritised to other needs.
What information can I see in School Gateway?
- Payment for clubs / meals / resources
- Information on school events/trips
- Instant alerts for school closures (e.g. snow days etc.)
How do I get started?
Please download the free app to your phone.
The set-up process is simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes:
- Search for “School Gateway” in the Apple App Store/Google Play or on your phone use these links to go to App Store (for Apple devices) or Google Play (Android)
- Install the app and when you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
- When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school. It is important to use the same mobile phone number and email account already on record with the school. If you change your contact details please let us know as soon as possible.
- The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you.
As soon as you’ve got the system set-up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app; you’ll receive notifications/alerts as normal. Please don’t use the logout option – doing this will prevent messages from reaching you! To avoid this scenario, just exit the app using your ‘home’ or similar button.
The free, smartphone app for parents is now available for download called ‘School Gateway’ for Apple (iOS 9 or later, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android (2.3 / Gingerbread or later) devices.
I can’t register or login
It is important to use the same mobile phone number and email account already on record with the school. If you have recently changed your email address or mobile telephone number, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update our records.
I do not have access to a Smart Phone
If you don’t have access to a smart phone, you can still access school gateway on a laptop or tablet by clicking here.
We hope you enjoy using School Gateway and thank you for your support.